Tax Credits and Utility Rebates

As a building or homeowner, your investment into window film may have an extra pay-off:
First, from the energy cost savings and second, through possible tax credits and utility rebate opportunities.

Commercial Buildings

As utility rates continue to rise, more and more utility rebates and state/local energy efficiency incentives are available to help commercial building owners save on energy costs. Use the Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency to stay up to date on utility rebates and tax credits that may be offered in each state.

Find out what incentives are available in your state by visiting DSIREUSA.


Federal tax credit opportunities are available for window films installed in residences in the United States.

Under recent legislation, the qualifying credit is 10% of the film cost (materials only) with a maximum total lifetime credit of $200. The new policy is retroactive to January 1, 2018 and expires December 31, 2020. For the most up-to-date information, please visit

Money in your pocket 

A tax credit directly reduces your income tax, unlike a deduction which reduces the amount of income subject to tax. The credit then directly increases the tax refund you receive or decreases the amount you have to pay. Homeowners can receive a 10% credit on the cost of window film, up to $2000, currently providing a maximum lifetime $200 tax credit. Installation charges do not apply.

Which window films qualify? 

To determine which window films qualify for your window type and location, contact your local LLumar window film dealer or click on the links below. 

LLumar® Qualifying Products

Vista™ Qualifying Products

Making window film tax credits simple 

To take advantage of the window film tax credit, complete IRS form 5695 (or whichever form is applicable at your time of filing) and file your Income Tax Return. Forms are downloadable at Maintain copies of the dealer invoice and the manufacturer's certification statement for your records. Please consult your tax advisor regarding your eligibility with respect to any tax credit.